Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11

On this, the 7th anniversary of 9/11, I would just like to express my gratitude for being an American. As I drove to my sisters house this morning I was touched by all of the flags I saw proudly waving in the breeze. It brought tears to my eyes remembering the tragedy and suffering of that day. I remember driving around for a few weeks after 9/11/01 seeing flags on so many cars and restraunts with little sayings like "We will not forget". I drove around with tears in my eyes for those few weeks. I think the thing that hit me the hardest was when I saw a fire truck that had "God Bless Our Fallen Brothers" on the back of it. I am so thankful for the men and women who are fighting this war for us. They are over losing their lives to I can live mine in freedom.
I AM SO PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!
GOD BLESS THE USA!!!








3 comments:

angied said...

that is really true. im proud too.

Anonymous said...

I really love the photos that you chose to represent the memory of that tragic day. I wished I had taken the time to display a memorial post but the idea completely slip my mind. I still remember watching the terrrible scenes all day long on the news while I was at work and then later seeing all the flags and signs. It was heartbreaking! We really pulled together as a country during those times but unfortunitly you don't see much of that today.

To hear people say that we need to end the war and bring our troops home, are only disgracing the honor of those that have died and those that are still continuing to fight for our country! I am very grateful for all the men and women who fight for our freedom over seas and for those who provide us safety here in our home land. I am very proud to be an American!

Anonymous said...

By the way, I love your new layout!